Thursday, June 23, 2011

Open Sea friendship

Hi Everyone! Lots going on here today, but I don't think anything is actually getting done. My boys are painting birdhouses, in hopes that a warbler that has been hanging around the backyard, might find a new home in one of them, and LOTS of other busy MOM work. So I took a break, and played with the SU set, The Open Sea. It is an awesome masculine set, and I can see some travel type scrapbook pages with it too, but I wanted to stretch my creativity a little further with it.  So I came up with this card -


So What do ya think? Not just a masculine set right? I paper pieced my sails from the Pawsitively Prints 2 DSP, and made my waves using my 3/4 and 1/2" circle punches. The lettering is a Big Shot/Sizzix alphabet called Billboard. OK... Back to work I go! Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek. Details below -


Heather :)


Stamps - The Open Sea
Paper - Whisper White, Marina Mist, Crumb Cake, Night of Navy, Pawsitively prints dsp
Ink - Marina mist, Early Espresso
Accessories - Big Shot, Billboard Alphabet, Square lattice EF, 3/4 and 1/2" circle punches, real red button, cherry cobbler bakers twine, dimensional dots, sponge

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, this is too dang cute! I love it! I'm wondering how you made the adorable clouds on this and your last card? Love the texture on them!

Anonymous said...

So STINKIN cute, that's what I think!!!! LOVE THIS!!!! I totally cased your cloud idea for a card I'm doing tonight! Thanks for all your inspiration!

Rose said...

awesome card! You are such an inspiration, girl!

Play Day Brewing

Hey Everyone! I have a card to share today! I Know!... I am in as much disbelief as you! We are steadily approaching the Holiday season.. ...