Wednesday, September 28, 2011

For the Bride and Groom

Hi Everyone! I want to let all of you know right off the bat that the sample I am sharing with you today, does not, I repeat, does not contain all SU images. I am a die hard SU fan, but sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do, and I felt inspired by an old stamp (circa 2007) that found it's way into my stash by happenstance. REALLY!! :)
My husband and I are invited to a 50th Anniversary luncheon this upcoming weekend, and I need to make an Anniversary card, and I wanted to keep it simple, but stated. So here is my card made with contraband -


All I can say is that you can find this image at your LSS. I stamped the image in black Stazon on Naturals White, and water colored the image with reinkers ad an Aqua painter. Once I was done coloring the image, I went over the brides dress, veil, and the grooms shirt with a some Encore Gold ink. I think you can see a little of the sparkle. Here is another picture to get a better look -




While the paper was still wet from coloring, I traced the inside of the outline of the brides dress using a stylus, then flipped the image over, and burnished the inside of the traced lines to stretch the paper a little, and give the dress a little form. This technique is also known as Pergamano. I added a little gold framing to the embossed panel, by dragging the edges of the paper over the Gold Encore ink pad. I like the way it turned out, and I am sure the happy couple will like it too. Thank you for hanging in there with me all the way to the end of this post using contraband. I promise I WILL be back with some SU goodness Soon. Have a great day, and thanks for taking a peek! Details below -



Heather :)

Stamps - Stampendous, All Holidays
Paper - Black, Naturals White
Ink - Black Stazon, Black, So Saffron, Encore Gold, Soft Suede, blush Blossom
Accessories - Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper EF, Aqua painter, Dimensional dots, Stylus

2 comments:

Connie Collins said...

I think every girl is entitled to a little contraband every now and again! Adorable card!

Patsy Ingram said...

Really love this stamp. Great card!

Play Day Brewing

Hey Everyone! I have a card to share today! I Know!... I am in as much disbelief as you! We are steadily approaching the Holiday season.. ...