Monday, October 24, 2011

Easy to love CC346

Hi Everyone! Seems this has become a Tuesday blog. I certainly don't mean for it to be, so I will endeavor to fix that this week, OK. I promise...and I do not have my fingers crossed! :) Well, it is Tuesday, so that means that there is another Color Challenge over on Splitcoaststampers. I have so enjoyed playing along in these challenges this month, and of course being a guest designer for the challenges too! What a great bunch of talented ladies to work along side each week. All of them are just amazing!
This week or hostess Mary, gave us some really wonderful colors to work with. Rich Razzleberry, Island Indigo, and Baja Breeze. I rarely use Rich Razzleberry, if at all, and I have never used Island Indigo..but now that I have, I will for sure be using it more. What a stunning blue. :) OK enough yada right... Here is my card for this weeks challenge -




Our Dessert option for this week was to use dry embossing. I used one of the new smaller embossing folders from the main catalog that comes in a set of 2 frames called Designer frames. I dry embossed a piece of Early Espresso, then cut out the frame. I then stamped my bird image from the set Easy events, colored it with Island Indigo, and Baja Breeze, then trimmed it so it would fit inside the embossed frame. I really like how it turned out... :) Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek! Details are Below -

Heather :)

Stamps - Easy Events, Fabulous Phrases
Paper - Whisper White, Early Espresso, Island Indigo Patterns DSP, Rich Razzleberry Patterns DSP
Ink - Early Espresso, Rich Razzleberry, Baja Breeze, Island Indigo, Wild Wasabi
Accessories - Big Shot, Designer frames EF, Perfect polka dots EF, Scallop edge punch, Dotted scallop ribbon border punch, Paper Piercing tool, Early Espresso marker ( to color mini clothespin), mini Clothes pin, Baja Breeze seam binding, razzleberry button, white bakers twine, Early Espresso 1/8 taffeta ribbon, dimensional dots, white gel pen


1 comment:

Christine Blain said...

Heather, this is GORGEOUS! I love how the little birds fit beautifully into the embossed frame. Lots of sweet detail on this card; it is beautiful.

Play Day Brewing

Hey Everyone! I have a card to share today! I Know!... I am in as much disbelief as you! We are steadily approaching the Holiday season.. ...