Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Color me


Hi Everyone! It's Tuesday, and that means a color challenge card from me right?? Well, I do have a color challenge card for you, but it is not my usual Splitcoaststampers challenge. I found a brand new color challenge blog called Color me Beautiful. It is brand new, and this week is the very first challenge. Here are the colors for this weeks challenge -
 
Lots to work with... :) We need to chose at least three of the colors in the palette to use on our project. I chose to use them all for my card. I consider using ANY color of purple a real challenge, so I really wanted to challenge myself. :) Here is my submission -
 
 
 
I stamped my image from Fast and Fabulous with Stazon onto watercolor paper, and then colored the blooms with Perfect plum, Rich Razzleberry, and Lucky Limeade. The shaded area behind the blooms is actually Wisteria Wonder. My sentiment is stamped in Basic Gray, and added a Basic Gray satin ribbon to complete my card. :) I love these colors together, and can't wait to see what is going to be next. Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek!
 
Heather :)
 
 
Stamps - Fast and Fabulous, Pursuit of happiness
Paper - Watercolor, Basic Gray
Ink - black Stazon, Lucky Limeade, Wisteria Wonder, Rich Razzleberry, Perfect Plum, Basic Gray
Accessories - Aquapainter, Basic Gray Satin Ribbon, Dimensional dots

12 comments:

Chris said...

Gosh this is gorgeous! I love how you colored around the flowers too...

Margaret said...

Heather, this is lovely! My water coloring skills are severely lacking, so I have a great admiration for your talent on this! The shading with the wisteria wonder adds so much depth to the image.

Thanks so much for joining us on our very first challenge at Color Me Beautiful!

Kerry Parkinson said...

Such a beautiful card Heather and I love how you incorporated all the colours. Lovely to have you join our first Color Me Beautiful challenge and hope to see you back again soon.

Jacquel said...

Wow! Another gorgeous creation Heather! I'm lovin' how you incorporated all the colors in your card & your water coloring is SPECTACULAR!!!!!

Thanks so much for joining us @ Color Me Beautiful & I hope to see more of your awesome work!!!

Unknown said...

Oooooooo! So elegant and pretty! Love the shading. You did a great job with this!

AnnMarie said...

Wow!! Absolutely beautiful!! Really, really pretty card! Thanks for playing along with us over at Color Me Beautiful! :)

stressfreestamping said...

Wow, your card is amazing. I am SOOO impressed by your watercoloring. I need some tips! Great job on a beautiful card. Thanks for playing along at CMB this week!

Denise said...

What a beautiful card!
Denise M

Karren said...

This is one of those cards that, when it pops up on your screen, your eyes widen and you go "wow". Love the mood you've evoked in this card. Fantastic job!

Dorlene Durham said...

One word...AMAZING!
Love, love, love it!

Connie Stewart said...

Pick me up off the ground! This is SO pretty! I am not good a watercoloring but you sure have the gift! I love the softness of this card. So amazing!

Bev Gomez said...

Wowza Heather this card is sooo gorgeous! I love how your water coloring turned out. Hugs, Bev

Play Day Brewing

Hey Everyone! I have a card to share today! I Know!... I am in as much disbelief as you! We are steadily approaching the Holiday season.. ...